Thursday, December 4, 2008
This was in many ways the culmination of a very intense course on learning environments. I really have to say that I have learnt a great deal from this course, not just on learning environments, but on how to go about doing a research paper. I can even say that this course helped me to pull together different modules in this Masters programme - it definitely concretised the learning from Educational Inquiry I and II. I am now more aware of and understand the bigger picture - the macro level - how knowing the fundamentals of research links to the different areas of educational research, in this particular case, on learning environments in our local schools.
The rich discussion that we had during the lessons helped to clarify doubts and give more insight to our learning. The activities were also skilfully weaved together, and built up to various end-products which showcase our development and understanding in this area.
The final research paper that we completed as a group on the final day was exciting as it meant all of us had to pull together and do our parts efficiently and helped us to consolidate our learning. All the readings, the discussions, the Wiki, the presentations somehow added to what we put into this paper. It was certainly a well-coordinated challenge!
To be continued...
8:53 AM |